It’s Sister’s Choice….
Well, itâ€™s day 14 of being smoke free. Ohhh itâ€™s going just peachy . Iâ€™m convinced that is the reason Iâ€™m even more tired than normal, geshhh. Cold turkey, babyâ€¦. all the way!
Terriâ€™s choice is FALL â€“ any project or card featuring leaves. Real leaves, fake leaves, colored leaves.
I grabbed my bouquet of silk leaves, masking tape, Distress Inks and UTEE and had some fun.
Not sure what the technique is called, Faux Leather I think. Laid strips, bits and pieces of masking tape onto scrap card stock then swiped Distress Inks over that. Versamark over that (once dried) and then embossed it with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. Love that look. Doesnâ€™t that remind you of leaves laying on the ground after a heavy rain? I added ribbon and silk leaves before adding the sentiment. And wouldnâ€™t you know it, my inky fingers got prints in the bottom corner of the sentiment panel.
So having some scrap of the background left over, I used Martha Stewart leaf punch and covered up my fingerprint smudge .
- Lots of other challenges are calling for Fall or Autumn themes, so Iâ€™m entering my cards in the following challenges too:
- Catch The Bug Challenge Blog: Fall/Autumn
- Cupcake Craft Challenges: Thank you with Autumn Colors
- Bunny Zoeâ€™s Crafts #5: Autumn Love
- Drunken Stampers #40: Before Copics
- Polka Doodles #43: Autumn
- Lollipop Crafts #14: Embossing
- Tuesday Throwdown #24: Give Thanks
- Scrappy Frogs Challenge: Give Thanks
- Easy Crafts #24: Autumn or Fall
Depending on where you live, look outside and grab an armful of leaves and join us for this fun challenge! Now, head over to the Sisterhood of Crafters to get all the details and to check out what the rest of the sisters created. Hope to see you there!
- Stamps: retired SU sentiment
- Inks/Coloring Mediums: Wild Honey, Barn Door, Crushed Olive, Scattered Straw Distress Inks (Ranger),Coffee Archival Inks (Ranger)
- Paper: Natural Ivory Stampinâ€™ Up!),
- Other: pop up Glue Dots, Labels One Nestability Die (Spellbinders), Blending Tool (Ranger), Masking Tape, Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (Ranger), Bronze ribbon (Offray)
- Tools: SureCut 9" Paper Trimmer, Scotch Tape Glider, Scor-Buddy, scissors, Fiskars Compact Stamp Press, Ellison Die Cut Machine, Heat It Craft Tool, Leaf punch (Martha Stewart)