Misty Reflections Halloween Style
Hi everyone! Today is my day to post over that the Sweet Pea Stamps DT blog. I sort of threw everything but the kitchen sink onto my card in an effort to use up some old Halloween stash. And because I’ve been having a blast playing with the Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Deco Strip Die that Daisy send me. I can’t stop I tell you :-).
Using SU chalks to blend the stark white background of the image panel was a no-no. I’ve gotten spoiled using Pebbles, Inc. I Kandee Pearlescent Chalks but this being a Halloween card, I’ve let it go. Along with using my Martha Stewart Spiderweb border punch, I tore apart one of my Rosette to create this funky border (for lack of a better word):
Definitely adds some texture. I don’t know what I was thinking, guess I was just experimenting. This does give me an idea though…these would make awesome ‘roofing tiles’, don’t you think? Hm, too bad I have to go to work (and subject myself to more misery) because in the evenings, my ideas never turn out the way I’ve envisioned them, lo.
I’ve been neglecting the challenges out there but with all the great Halloween themed challenges, I’m definitely entering this card in the following:
- Karber Monthly Challenge #2: Fantasy
- Kaboodle Doodles Challenge: Let’s Go Batty
- Craft Your Passion Challenges #28: Colors – Orange, Purple, Black
- Bunny Zoe’s Crafts Challenge #5: Autumn
- Stamp Insanity Challenge #31: Clever Ways to Use Die Cuts
- Stamp Something Challenge: Halloween Somethings
- The Stamp Man Challenges #7: Autumn
- Baby Bud Designs Challenges: Fall or Autumn
- Crazy 4 Challenges #59: Fall/Autumn
- Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #99: Edward Scissorhand – use a die cut
- Bee-Crafty Challenge #40: Halloween
- 2 Sisters Challenge #9: Halloween
- Craftilicious Challenge #10: Anything Goes
- Let's Ink It Up Challenge: Halloween Colors
- Paper Playtime Challenge #21: Pumpkins or Spider Webs
- Crafts and Me Challenge #15: Halloween
Phew, think I made up for missing a couple of days, huh?
For more close up pictures and more detail, head over to the Sweet Pea Stamps DT Blog and check out all the new releases. OMG OMG OMG…..I got my stamps from Lynette yesterday and I can’t wait to get them inked up. I took advantage of several specials too to send to my friend Daisy as a ‘Thank You’ and a ‘Just Because’. Head over to the Sweet Pea Stamps store, check out the specials and then check out the new releases. I will not be the only one going “OMG OMG OMG OMG”, lo.
Sigh, I’m off to work…..thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Papers: DSP –Jeepers Creepers-The Paper Company Studio; Image stamped on Neenah Super Smooth Solar White 80lb card stock; card base-Stampin’ Up!
Accessories: Copics, Memento Tuxedo Dye Ink, Fiskars Compact Stamp Press, Scotch Tape Glider, Scor-Buddy, scissors, Tim Holtz Paper Rosette Deco Strip Die, black craft wire-Westrim Crafts; orange/black striped ribbon-RibbonFX, bat ribbon-MayaRoad(?), Martha Stewart Border Punch Spiderweb; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Thirteen & Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Standard Circles, metal sentiment from stash.